A job coach is a professional who works with individuals with special education needs, disabilities and long term unemployed help to find and maintain employment. Some of the benefits of having a job coach in supported employment include:
- Individualised support: A job coach can provide personalised support and assistance to the individual, helping them to succeed in their job and achieve their employment goals.
- Job skills training: A job coach can provide training and support to help the individual develop the skills and knowledge needed to perform their job duties effectively.
- Social skills development: A job coach can help the individual develop the social skills needed to interact with coworkers and customers, which can be especially important for individuals who may have difficulty with social interactions.
- On-the-job support: A job coach can provide ongoing support and assistance to the individual while they are on the job, helping them to navigate any challenges or difficulties that may arise
- Advocacy: A job coach can serve as an advocate for the individual, helping them to communicate their needs and goals to their employer and ensure that their rights are respected in the workplace.
Get involved, get working and make a difference!