Why Undertake Travel training?
Travel training is a process that helps individuals with special education needs and disabilities learn the skills and knowledge needed to use various modes of transportation independently. Some reasons why travel training is important include:
- Independence: Travel training can help individuals gain more independence and autonomy in their daily lives by enabling them to travel to work, school, and other destinations without relying on others for transportation.
- Social integration: Travel training can help individuals participate more fully in their communities by giving them the ability to access community resources and activities.
- Employment: Travel training can be especially important for individuals who are seeking employment, as it can help them get to and from work independently.
- Quality of life: Travel training can improve the overall quality of life for individuals by enabling them to engage in a wider range of activities and experiences.
- Confidence: Travel training can help individuals build confidence and self-esteem by empowering them to navigate their environment and make their own travel decisions.
Travel Training the intensive way!
Our two-week intensive travel training program is designed to give you the skills and confidence you need to travel independently within your local community.
You will learn how to plan and execute a journey from home to your education provider or workplace, as well as to your nearest town, the doctor and a designated safe place.
We will cover important topics such as road safety, bus schedules, planning for unexpected events or emergencies and more; empowering you to navigate your environment with ease.
By the end of the program, you will have gained the knowledge and self-assurance to achieve independent travel and access new opportunities.
Get involved, get working and make a difference!